Child Tax Credits – If your Child lives outside the UK

You may be able to claim Child Tax Credits if any of the following apply:

  • You have come to the UK from a country in the EEA (European Economic Area), and are working or actively looking for work in the UK
  • The child normally lives with you, but spends some time abroad. For example, they are studying outside of the UK but come back home to the UK during school holidays
  • Your partner is a Crown Servant working overseas and your child lives with them

To find out if you can still make a claim for Child Tax Credit call the Tax Credit Office on: 0843 850 0861.

This is a call routing service which provides you with easy access to the organisation you require – automatically trying multiple numbers to ensure that you are always connected first time and don’t encounter engaged or unavailable numbers. Dependant on your network, you may find a cheaper alternative number is available from the organisation directly.